After a very successful beginning of the vision in 2010 it was time we formalised the idea as passionate individuals in the industry with a vast network of former colleagues in Industry. By involving willing learners in schools through the Department of Economic Development and Tourism as well as Department of Education. As a sector responsible for creating many jobs, it was without a doubt very key to nurture this industry at grass roots level in order for the overall strategic plans of the province and national departments to witness positive growth in the sector.
PROJECT ENZA, in partnership with key players in the Tourism industry, hereby proudly informs you of our 1st and Inaugural staging of the annual initiative during Mandela Day called the “KNOWING AND GROWING OUR TOURISM”, scheduled to be held on 18th July.This Event targeted at “everything” Tourism benefiting our future pioneer of this wonderful industry.
Background to this Mandela Day 67 Minutes Event:
Going forward with innovative ideas to grow and sustain the Tourism sector through engagement with willing learners taking Tourism as a subject whilst encouraging excellence and making a visible difference.
Preserving Excellence in Tourism through education and exposure
- To Empower the youth in Tourism Sector
- To Instil the values of professionalism through uncompromised service
- To Create Sustainable Jobs through exposing them to ideas they wouldn’t have had an opportunity to dream of
- To Alleviate poverty
- To Increase Tourism
- To Pray for prosperity in the Region
- We are nurturing a community that cares for each other
- We are breaking down historical stereotype barriers in industry
- We are continuing a spirit of UBUNTU which Tourism is known for
- We are enabling creation of Jobs and business opportunities
We are eradicating poverty in our community and ensuring a better life for all.
One of the prizes donated was a weekend away! Mandela Day Winner Letter for Prize
Have a look at the below Gallery for all the wonderful pictures from this years event.